hello

Plaats reactie
Sam from England

06-02-2006 21:19

Hello everyone I am new to this forum - and as you will have guessed I'm English.

I have lived in Holland since May 2004 and I have just bought my own house in the village of Ohe en Laak which is about 30km north of Maastricht.

I work as an air traffic controller with Eurocontrol.

I am not sure if I am in the correct forum but as I do not yet understand much Dutch I hope some one can help me out.

I have bought the national fishing licence called the Sportvisakte and I would like to fish the waters close to my home. I am looking to fish some small lakes, an inlet from the River Maas and the Juliana Kanal - sorry about the spelling if they are incorrect.

Can someone tell me which other licence or permit(s) I will need to buy to do this? Better still can you tell me a place to buy these from? Also a fishing tackle shop near to my house would be very welcome.

Thank you for your reply.

Sam.
Bert Vooijs

07-02-2006 11:09

Hello Sam,

Probably, when you find it, the tackle shop will sell the permits you need. I don't liver nearby, so I cannot tell you where to go. Of course Google can help. Search for 'hengelsport' (the word is part of most tackle shops' names) or 'hengelsportvereniging' (fishing club). In most cases the fishing club holds the fishing-rights of several waters in a particular region.

As far as I know, your 'sportvisakte' permits fishing in rivers and canals with one rod. So the Maas and Julianakanaal are already within reach.

Tight lines!

Bert.
Laatst gewijzigd door Bert Vooijs op 07-02-2006 13:18, 1 keer totaal gewijzigd.
ff v==
Bert Vooijs

07-02-2006 11:13

And, Sam,

In case you didn't understand while registering for this board:
the rule is that we register under first and last name.
It is easy to change this under 'Gebruikers' --> 'Profiel aanpassen' in the upper menu.

Good luck

Bert.
ff v==
Sam from England

07-02-2006 22:39

Bert Vooijs schreef:And, Sam,

In case you didn't understand while registering for this board:
the rule is that we register under first and last name.
It is easy to change this under 'Gebruikers' --> 'Profiel aanpassen' in the upper menu.

Good luck

Bert.

Thanks for replying Bert.

I have tried as you suggested and could not log in with the new name. I will just re register for the next time I post a message. It was a bit tricky - I tried a few times before I could log in and post a message!

Thanks a lot for your help. I'll try to find myself a tackle shop soon. From what you said the permit to fish is very much like in England. There we have a national licence but then you need the owners permission to fish the water as well. So in the case of rivers/canals it is usually an angling club and we say that you are 'on the books' whereas with a pond or lake it is usually an individual or much smaller angling club. It would be great though if I could fish the Canal with just the nationsal licence though - can anyone clear that up for me?

Thanks,

Sam Hanley
Jan Verlijsdonk

07-02-2006 22:46

Sam,

I found this site on the internet:

http://home.quicknet.nl/qn/prive/abrtn/ ... o_main.htm

There's a little bit of information on this site. Perhaps you can contact the webmaster, maybe he can help you.

Good luck!

Jan
Ik dis vissen niet, 1 overstroming-en vissen voelen zich de koningen in onze woningen, als dijken doorbreken de meeste mensen bezweken zijn deze beesten nog altijd in leven..

uit Opgezwolle - Beestenboel
Kees Verheij

07-02-2006 23:50

Wat zeggen ze nou allemaal? Toch een lastige taal dat Duits!
The human spirit needs places where nature has not been rearanged by the hand of man.

http://www.canadiancarpsafari.com : rivieravontuur in het groot!
roel hermans

08-02-2006 00:10

sam,
you have a pb
Jaime Bennett-Leaver
Contacteer:

08-02-2006 08:45

duits :-? ik dacht tog altijd dat het engels is.
sam welcome to this board.
carpfishing is a why of life

behandel de karper goed of vis er niet op;)
chris koekoek
Contacteer:

08-02-2006 09:05

Hey Sam,You can get more information,in Maastricht at the angling store Flamingo.
They sell the anglingpermits for the river maas (VVM permits).
Just give them a call.
They help you out.

Greats Chris
Kom eens kijken bij ons op de site!!
http://www.wf-baits.nl
iba born

08-02-2006 12:12

[quote="Jaime Bennett-Leaver"]duits :-? ik dacht tog altijd dat het engels is.

echt waar joh?
Douwe Bijlsma

08-02-2006 12:29

I speak Englisch ferry well, aber nicht so schnell, maar dat komt nog wel.
Vissen is een hobby, geen religie!
Plaats reactie